It is that time of year again when the RMA Corps will be marching in the Atlanta Veteran's Day Parade! This year the ATL parade committee has chosen to change the parade location and many of the details that some of you may be used to. However, the updated details for a fun and successful Saturday are listed below.
- RMA Corps of Cadets will march in the 2021 Atlanta Veterans Day Parade on November 6, 2021 at The Battery Atlanta in order to give support, thanks and show honor to Veterans for their service.
- RMA Middle School boys are also marching in this year's Veterans Day Parade.
- RMA Corps will depart for The Battery Atlanta at 8:45am on Saturday, November 6. Estimated arrival time is 10:30am to begin parade preparations.
- Parade will begin at 1:00pm and approximately end at 2:30pm.
- The Red Parking Deck will be the best location for parent parking. (Entry is easiest at Heritage Ct SE or 75 Pkwy SE) This is however a public parking deck so plan accordingly for time and distance to the RMA parent viewing area (highlighted in blue). The first three hours of parking is free and all parking is validated if you show proof of $50+ spent at The Battery Atlanta. There are great restaurants and shops located in The Battery Atlanta!
- There will not be a designated RMA parent parking location this year.
- This years Veterans Day Parade will unfortunately not be recorded or streamed. However, photos that will be taken will be uploaded the following week.
- ORAH will be used for all sign outs after the parade. Please submit your ORAH pass request by Friday at 12 noon. This will be a hard deadline with no exceptions. This is important for RMA staff to know in advance for planning purposes and especially important for RMA's infirmary staff if your cadet has medications and will need them at sign out this weekend in Atlanta.
- If you choose to sign out your cadet and miss the 12:00pm deadline on Friday, November 5 for an ORAH leave request, you will be asked to travel back to campus to complete your cadets sign-out.
- The RMA Corps will depart the parade at 3:00pm +/- after thorough uniform and equipment inventory. The buses and company TAC's with cadets who have a confirmed pass for leave
will then move to the Cumberland Mall / Akers Mill Parking Area on the back side near Planet Fitness (See map below) with an approximate arrival of 3:15pm. At that time the staff on site, upon verification of identity, will activate the ORAH pass which has been previously approved. Sign-outs will be held from 3:15-3:45pm (Tentative on current scheduled parade ending time).
Thank you for your patience as we gathered final details. We are all excited for RMA's Corps of Cadets to show their support at this year's Veterans Day Parade!