June 30 - July 26, 2019
Summer L.E.A.D. Academy provides students a great mix between a summer academic program and a high adventure summer camp, all within the context of Riverside’s famed military model of education. In general, the mornings are centered on the academic component of the program, while the entire afternoon is dedicated to athletics and adventures. The evenings are dedicated to character studies, study skill enhancement, and academic preparation for the next day. The specific curriculum a student participates in largely depends on the grade level they will be entering in the Fall and whether the student is seeking to replace or advance by an academic credit. During the weekends, the students go on trips that take advantage of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and the excitement of Atlanta. Below are the different programs students and parents can select from:
- Credit Classes- Designed for rising 10th -12th graders. Either one full credit or two half credits can be earned. Best for credit recovery.
- High School Bound- Preparation for rising 9th graders to take on the rigors of high school life.
- Middle School Foundations- For rising 7th and 8th graders. Covering all fundamentals of core subjects to prepare for the next grade.
- College Readiness Bootcamp- Designed for rising 11th and 12th graders. Our 4-week college readiness boot camp is designed to prepare students for the rigors of the college selection and application processes and the unique challenges of college life.
- English Learners Program- Whether a beginner-level English learner or more advanced, our English learning program is designed to provide level-appropriate English language instruction in reading, writing, and speaking. This program also includes opportunities for cultural excursions.
Adventure Training Examples
- Water Survival Training
- Kayaking Instruction
- Field Craft
- Leadership Reaction Course
*Specific events subject to change.
- We offer a variety of premium activities you can choose to sign up for. Some examples of these activities will Introduction to scuba, marksmanship, weightlifting, and many more. These are great options if your cadet has a specific interest or passion.
- Every weekend is packed full of off-campus excursions. Some examples of these types of excursions are Braves baseball games, Six Flags theme park, White Waters theme park, white water rafting, and much more.
For more information please contact the Admissions office at 1-877-692-2338 or email
*Specific events subject to change based on interest.